PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT
MANDATORY & ENFORCEABLE CODES OF CONDUCT FOR PLAYERS
- Play by the rules – the rules of your club and the laws of the game
- Never argue with an umpire or other official – without these people you can’t play football.
- Control your temper -verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players doesn’t help you enjoy or win any games
- Never argue with an umpire or official. If you disagree, discuss the matter with your coach.
- Be a team player – It’s a team game, treat it that way.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated -fairly.
- Co-operate with your coach, the umpires and team-mates.
- Play for your own enjoyment & to improve your skills.
- Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your coach, team-mates and family if you do – & many such comments are actually now illegal.
This Policy was accepted and passed with ‘nil’ objections by the Ferntree Gully Eagles Junior Football Club General Committee Meeting held in February 2008, and will take effect as from 1 March 2008.
The Policy will be monitored annually by the Club’s General Committee.
The Code of Conduct and any disciplinary action arising is also outlined in the Club Constitution and By-Laws.
Ferntree Gully Eagles Junior Football Club
Executive and General Committee