PARENTS, GUARDIANS, SUPPORTERS & OFFICIALS CODE OF
MANDATORY & ENFORCEABLE CODES OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS, SUPPORTERS, VOLUNTEERS, MEMBERS AND OFFICIALS
- Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game.
- Remember that children play sport for enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage children to always participate according to the rules.
- Encourage participation, but don’t force it.
- Remember that children learn best by example – applaud the efforts of all players in both teams.
- Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning.
- Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support not downgrade.
- Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, umpires and spectators – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
- Recognise all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time.
- Never publicly criticise umpires – raise personal concerns with club officials in private.
- Respect umpires’ decisions and teach children to do likewise.
- Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your family and yourself if you do – & many such comments are actually now illegal.
- Remember that smoking and the consumption of alcohol is unacceptable at junior sport.
By registering your child with the Ferntree Gully Eagles Junior Football Club you agree to abide by these principles. You also support the Club in its undertakings and encourage the Club to take any necessary disciplinary actions including the suspension and banning where warranted of any players, parents and or spectators for repeated or serious breaches of these Codes of Conduct. Policy Commencement:
This Policy was accepted and passed with ‘nil’ objections by the Ferntree Gully Eagles Junior Football Club General Committee Meeting held in February 2008, and will take effect as from 1 March 2008.
The Policy will be monitored annually by the Club’s General Committee.
The Code of Conduct and any disciplinary action arising is also outlined in the Club Constitution and By-Laws.
Ferntree Gully Eagles Junior Football Club
Executive and General Committee